in this section
- 1 PRL Recruitment 2020 Updates on 30-04-2020Jobs For Junior Research Fellows (JRF) Posts
|Organization Name||Physical Research Laboratory (PRL)|
|Recruitment About||Junior Research Fellows (JRF)|
|Total No of Post||Not Specified|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Name of Positions: JRF – Junior Research Fellows
- Astronomy & Astrophysics [Candidates from Physics, Astrophysics, Applied Physics, Space Sciences, Instrumentation disciplines are eligible to apply]
- Solar Physics [Candidates from Physics, Applied Physics, Space Sciences, Astrophysics disciplines are eligible to apply]
- Space and Atmospheric Sciences [Candidates from Physics, Applied Physics, Space Sciences, Atmospheric Sciences Climate Science/Climate Change studies, disciplines are eligible to apply]
- Atomic, Molecular and Optical Physics [Candidates from Physics, Applied Physics, Electronics, Chemistry, Geology, Geophysics, Chemical Engineering disciplines are eligible to apply]
- Geosciences [Candidates from Physics, Chemistry, Geology, Geophysics, Biology, Oceanography, Marine Science, Environmental Science, Atmospheric Science disciplines are eligible to apply]
- Planetary Science [Candidates from Physics, Chemistry, Geochemistry, Geology, Geophysics, Applied Physics, Planetary sciences disciplines are eligible to apply]
- Theoretical Physics [Candidates from Physics, Applied Physics, Astronomy disciplines are eligible to apply]
Eligibility criteria for applying to the JRF Programme
- Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in Science or Engineering with at least a first-class (60%) or equivalent grades at both Bachelor’s and Master’s levels.
- Those candidates expecting their Master’s degree by August 2020 are also eligible to apply, subject to having secured at least a first-class (60%) or equivalent grade(s) up to the last semester.
Applicants should have qualified any one of the following examinations:
- CSIR-UGC National Eligibility Test (NET) JRF/LS [December 2018/June 2019/December 2019] in Physical Sciences / Chemical Sciences / Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean, and Planetary Sciences.
- Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) [GATE 2018/GATE 2019/GATE 2020] in Physics / Geology and Geophysics / Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences / Chemistry.
- Joint Entrance Screening Test [JEST 2020] in Physics
- Candidate must be an Indian Citizen
- 28 years as on the last date of submission of application.
For Junior Research Fellows (JRF): Rs. 31,000/- pm and for Senior Research Fellows (SRF): Rs. 35,000/- pm.
On the completion of two years, the JRFs will be reviewed, and based on the recommendations of the review committee and approval of the Director, PRL, the JRF may be awarded the position of SRF with an enhanced fellowship as per rules. Performance of the Research Fellows shall be reviewed on a yearly basis for a continuation of fellowship.
How To Apply
Applicants whose ranks are in the range of 1- 500 in any of the CSIR-UGC-NET/GATE/JEST tests are quite likely to be called for the interview at PRL subject to their fulfilling other eligibility criteria as mentioned above and their online application through PRL’s website. It is expected that prospective candidates have good proficiency in fundamental physics and mathematics. Candidates should be interested in pursuing a research career in the current areas of research at PRL, as mentioned above. Preference will be given to candidates who have completed their Master’s degree in the last two years. There are about 25 positions available. However, the intake will depend on the performance of the candidate in the interview and the suitability of the candidate’s research interest in the research program of PRL. PRL is an equal opportunity institute, women candidates are encouraged to apply.
|Hiring Process||Face to Face Interview|
|Who can apply||Freshers|
|Online Application Starts||31.03.2020 (07:00 am onward)|
|Last date for online Application||10 May 2020 (till 23:59 hrs.)|
|Dates for Interviews at PRL, Ahmedabad||4, 5, 8 and, 9 June 2020|