in this section
Free Coaching Scheme for SC and OBC Students 2022
Hello Dearest Students! If you want to apply for Under the Scheme of Free Coaching for SC and OBC Students 2022 then you have come to the right place. We will tell you in our article today how you can apply for this Scheme online mode. Along with this, information about the Scheme will also be made available to you. Accordingly, you will find it easy to apply. So read our article carefully@ www.maruguj.in till the end and apply for this post as soon as possible.Stay tuned with us for more job and GOVT. Schemes updates
Under the Scheme of Free Coaching for SC and OBC Students, the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment is accepting online applications from SC and OBC students. Under Free Coaching Scheme for SC and OBC Students, the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment is accepting Online Applicatin from SC and OBC students with an annual family income of up to Rs 8 lakh seeking assistance to pursue coaching in their choice of specified courses in the physical mode.
The objective of the Scheme is to provide coaching of good quality for economically disadvantaged Scheduled Castes (SCs) and Other Backward Classes (OBCs) candidates to enable them to appear in competitive examinations and succeed in obtaining appropriate job in Public/Private Sector.
A total of 3500 students will be assisted annually under the Scheme. 60% of total available slots shall be allotted to the courses for which qualifying exam is graduation (Bachelor’s level). 40% of total slots shall be for the courses for which qualifying exam is Class 12.
Only students belonging to SCs and OBCs having total family income from all sources of Rs.8.00 lakh or less per annum will be eligible for benefits under the Scheme. However, SC/OBC candidates belonging to a Minority community shall not be eligible under this scheme and can apply under the similar scheme of Ministry of Minority Affairs.
The scheme will provide 3,500 seats in total. The deadline for applications is May 31, 2022.
|Coaching Type||Total Numbers||SC (70%)||OBC (30%)|
|Boys||Girls (Min)||Total||Boys||Girls (Min)||Total|
|12th Class Eligibility||1400||686||294||980||294||126||420|
Sixty percent of total available slots will be allocated to courses with a graduation (bachelor’s level) qualifying exam, while forty percent of total slots will be allocated to courses with a Class 12 qualifying exam.
SC and OBC students would be coached in a 70:30 ratio under the Scheme. The Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment might relax this ratio if an adequate number of candidates in a given category is not available.
For each category, merit lists will be prepared, with the number of candidates corresponding to the number of slots in that category. For each category, a waitlist of candidates equal to the number of slots available will be created.
Students must apply online at http://coaching.dosje.gov.in/. Applications submitted by offline mode will not be considered.
Within six months of the merit lists being published, the selected applicants must enrol in the coaching institute of their choice and upload the digitally paid fee receipt, along with a copy of the relevant bank entry in the passbook indicating the payment to the institute, to the portal, along with a certificate from the institute stating that he has enrolled in the course and has already paid the total course fee.
Eligibility criteria for students
- Only students belonging to SCs and OBCs, having total family income from all sources of Rs. 8.00 lakh or less per annum will be eligible for benefits under the Scheme.
- SC/OBC candidates belonging to a Minority community shall apply under the similar scheme of Ministry of Minority Affairs.
- Income Certificate: Income declaration of self-employed parents/guardian should be in the form of a certificate issued by a Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar. Employed parents/guardians are required to obtain income certificate from their employer and submit consolidated certificate from Revenue Officer including any other additional source of income.
- For the competitive exams for which the qualifying exam is class XII, benefits under the scheme will be available to a candidate only if the candidate has passed class XII or is studying in class XII as on the date
of receiving the benefit under the scheme. Student will be required to declare the marks obtained by him/her in class X in the application form. The marks scored by the student in his / her class X examination shall be reckoned for the purpose of evaluating his / her eligibility and drawing inter-se merit. Students having less than 50% marks in their class X exam, shall not be considered under the scheme.
- Further, in case of competitive exams for which the qualifying exam is at bachelor level, only students/candidates having completed the bachelor level course or studying in the final year of the bachelor degree course at the time of receiving the benefits under the scheme shall be eligible. Student will be required to declare the marks obtained by him/her in class XII in the application form. The marks scored by the student in his / her higher secondary examination shall be reckoned for the purpose of evaluating his / her eligibility and drawing inter-se merit. Students having less than 50% marks in their class XII exam, shall not be considered under the scheme
- Benefits under the Scheme can be availed by a particular student not more than twice, irrespective of the number of chances he/she may be entitled to take in a particular competitive examination, and irrespective of the number of stages in the exam. The student will be required to provide a declaration that he/she has not taken benefit more than twice under the Scheme.
- The candidate shall be precluded from availing benefits under any other coaching scheme of the Centre or State Government and will be required to provide a declaration to this effect. A list of beneficiaries availing the scheme will also be uploaded on the website of the Ministry and shall be shared with States/UTs to avoid possibility of the candidate availing benefits of similar coaching scheme simultaneously.
- The applicants shall, after assessing their eligibility and suitability as per the eligibility conditions of the Scheme, be required to apply online (only) on the Free Coaching Scheme portal i.e. coaching.dosje.gov.in along with the details of the course he/she intends to join.
- The applicants will be required to upload their applications along with the prescribed supporting documents
If the applicant is a student who is current beneficiary of either the Post Matric Scholarship schemes for SCs/OBCs, or the Top Class Scholarship Schemes for SCs/OBCs, the same shall be mentioned along with their unique ID under these scholarship schemes as allotted by the National Scholarship Portal.
- Aadhaar number shall be mandatory for all students who have attained 18 years of age on the date of application or earlier.. Any such student without Aadhaar number, can apply by providing the EID number of Aadhaar enrolment. The applicant shall be required to give other documents as proof of identity, as prescribed separately..
- Every applicant above 18 years of age having applied with Aadhar shall link his Bank Account with his Aadhaar number and, at the time of application, certify that the same has been done. For those applying with EID and those below the age of 18 years who do not have Aadhar number, bank account details will require to be given by the applicant.
- Selection of candidates:
- Merit lists shall be drawn up for each category, with number of candidates equal to the number of slots in that category. A waitlist of candidates equal to the allocated slots for that category shall also be drawn up for each category.
- In each category, applicants who are recipients of the Post/Pre Matric Scholarship for SCs, Post/Pre Matric Scholarship for OBCs, or Top-Class Scholarship Schemes for SCs and OBCs (TCS) in the immediately preceding year will get over-riding priority in selection. The eligibility of these candidates would be auto-verified from the databases already available with the Ministry/NSP/State Governments. There will be no further verification of these cases. Merit lists for these candidates shall be drawn up as per the criteria prescribed in para 6 d) and e) of these guidelines.
iii. If there are unfilled seats after the process above, they will be allotted in the order of merit as per the criteria prescribed in para 6 d) and e) of these guideline. For verifying the particulars of these candidates, the Ministry will follow a well-laid out system stipulated for verification of applications through State Government in PMS-SC.
- All the selected applicants will be sent a computer-generated letter intimating their selection for the coaching scheme, with a request to join the institution of their choice, and upload the fee receipt on the portal.
The selected applicants shall join the coaching institute of their choice within 6 month of declaration of the merit lists and upload the digitally paid fee receipt alongwith a copy of the relevant bank entry of the passbook indicating the payment to the institute, on the portal alongwith a certificate from the institute that he has enrolled himself in the course and has already paid total course fee.
|Notification Release Date||1st May 2022|
|Last Date Of Receipt||31st May 2022|
|Declaration Of Merit List For PMS And TCS Students (Tentotive Date)||5th June 2022|
|Declaration Of Merit List For Others (Tentative Date)||30th June 2022|
|Last Date For Joining Both PMS And TCS Students And Uploading Fee Receipts||4th December 2022|
|Last Date For Others Joining Coaching Institutions||29th December 2022|
|Last Date For Release Of The Coaching Fee||Within 1 Month Of Submission Of The Fee Receipt|
|Last Date For Uploading Of Exam Hall Ticket||30 Days From The Date Of The Entrance Exam For Which Coaching has Been Taken|
|Last Date For Release Of Stipend||30 Days From Uploading Of Exam Hall Ticket|
The institute’s actual course fee or the Ministry’s prescribed course fee as per Annexure of the Scheme, whichever is less, is payable. If the course fee exceeds the stated amount, the candidate must arrange for the remaining funds from his/her own means. The coaching fee must be paid in one instalment via DBT and will be issued within two weeks of the applicant uploading the fee receipt showing payment to the institution. As a result, this is on a reimbursement basis.
Monthly stipend of Rs. 4000/- per student will be released to the student through DBT in one instalment after completion of the coaching period, and after appearing in the exam for which coaching has been taken. For claiming this, the student has to upload the hall ticket of the exam along with self-certification that he has completed the coaching and taken the exam. In case the exam is not taken within one year of the completion of the coaching, and proof thereof is not submitted accordingly, the student shall forfeit the stipend.
Selected students will be paid a stipend of Rs 4000 per month for the duration of the course or 9 months, whichever comes first.
Socialjustice.gov.in contains information on the selection process, authorised courses, maximum charge, course duration, and other topics.
Maximum Fee and Minimum Duration under the Free Coaching Scheme for SC and OBC students
|S. No.||Course||Maximum Total Course
Fee in Rupees
|Minimum *Duration in
|1.||Civil Services Exam by UPSC/SPSCs||1,20,000||9 months (4 months prelim +5months
|4.||JEE/NEET||1,20,000||9 months (not exceeding 12months)|
1,443 total views