in this section
- 1 ONGC Scholarship to Meritorious General Category students 2020-21Last Date 06 August 2021
- 1.1 Documents are required to be submitted by the applicants:
- 1.2 Selection Procedure:
- 1.3 How To Apply:
- 1.4 Disbursement of Scholarship:
- ONGC scholarship scheme for meritorious belonging to General category is an exclusive scholarship opportunity for students belonging to the marginalized sections of the society who are studying in the first year of Engineering, MBBS, MBA or Master in Geophysics/Geology program.
- The aim of this scholarship is to provide financial support to the meritorious students belonging to the economically weaker General Category. Selected 500 students will receive a scholarship of INR 48,000 each on an annual basis to enable them to complete their education.
|Organization Name||Oil and Natural Gas Corporation|
|Scheme About||ONGC Scholarship to Meritorious General Category, SC/ST Category, OBC Category Students 2020-21|
|TOTAL SCHOLARSHIP AMOUNT ANNUALLY||Rs. 48,000/-|
|Last Date of Apply||06-08-2021|
ONGC Scholarship to Meritorious General Category students 2020-21
|Academic qualification||Candidate should be a student of 1st year of Graduate Engineering or MBBS courses or 1st year of Master’s degree in Geology/Geophysics or MBA. The scholarship shall be admissible only for pursuing full-time regular courses by AICTE/ MCI/UGC/Association of Indian Universities/State Education Boards/State Government/Central Government.|
|Percentile||Have secured a minimum of 60% marks in class 12 for Engineering/MBBS course and a minimum of 60% marks in graduation for PG courses in Geology/Geophysics/MBA (Note: The minimum OGPA/CGPA should be 6.0 on 10 points scale of grading system)|
|Gross annual family income||Have a gross family income of less than INR 2 Lakhs per annum from all sources.|
|Age limit||Not be more than 30 years of age as of 1st July 2020|
|Course type||Regular full-time course|
Documents are required to be submitted by the applicants:
- Copy of Birth Certificate/Class 10 Mark sheet as proof of age.
- Copy of Class 12-mark sheet in case of Engineering/MBBS students.
- Copy of consolidated Graduation mark sheet in case of MBA/Master’s in Geology/Geophysics students.
- Certified copy of annual income certificate of the family in Hindi/English language.
- Bank details of the applicant in the ECS form attested by the bank as prescribed.
- Copy of PAN card or the tentative date for submission of PAN card copy (in case it is not available.
- Copy of Adhaar Card
- Copy of undertaking.
500* scholarships worth `48,000/- per annum each ONGC Foundation offers scholarships to meritorious economically weaker General category students pursuing professional courses in Engineering, Medical stream and Master’s degree course in Business Administration, Geology and geophysics.
|S.No.||STREAM||DURATION OF THE COURSE||NO. OF SCHOLARSHIPS||QUALIFYING EXAMINATION||TOTAL SCHOLARSHIP AMOUNT ANNUALLY|
|4||MASTERS IN GEOLOGY/ GEOPHYSICS||2 YEARS||100||GRADUATION||48000|
*50 % scholarships are reserved for girl students.
- Selection of candidates will be made on the basis of aggregate marks obtained in the qualifying examination prescribed for each eligible course of study. In the case of students having equal marks in the qualifying examination students with lower family income will be selected.
- Preference shall be given to students from below poverty line (BPL) families and other students shall be considered only if a sufficient number of students from BPL families fulfilling the eligibility criteria is not available.
How To Apply:
The candidate fulfilling the above criteria may submit their application in just one click by ‘Apply Now’ option which can be seen top right corner in this website www.ongcscholar.org
Disbursement of Scholarship:
- The scholarship will cover a lump sum amount of Rs 4000/- (Four Thousand) per month i.e. Rs 48000/- Per Annum
- The amount shall be paid on yearly basis after completion of the academic year. The amount of scholarship will be deposited directly in the bank account of students through ECS facility.
- Once awarded, the scholarship shall be continued every year till the completion of the course subject to the promotion of the student to the next year of his/her course. The scholarship shall be discontinued if the candidate is not promoted to the next year by their respective Institute/College/University. For the continuation of the scholarship, the students will have to send an online ‘Application for renewal’ in the prescribed format.
- In case the student opts for any different scholarship subsequently after awarding of ONGC Scholarship, he/she should have to refund the entire scholarship amount received from ONGC Foundation.
|Last Date Of Apply||06-08-2021|
⇓ Important Links ⇓
(Note) “The student/scholar are requested to apply through the desktop or if applying through Phone it should have a desktop mode” and also should use a Fast and Stable WiFi connection while filling the application form.
MaruGuj.in Wishes You Best Of Luck. Please Always Check Our Website to Know Upcoming Latest Jobs, Admissions Details, Exam Results, Answer Keys, Syllabus, and Many Other Gujarat Gov. Jobs & Sarkari Mahiti Updates Instantly. Thank You.