in this section
NIC Recruitment for 495 Scientist, Technical Assistant Posts 2020
|Organization Name||National Informatics Centre (NIC)|
|Total No of Post||497|
Name of Positions:
Scientist ‘B’ Group ‘A’ (S&T): 288 Posts
Scientific / Technical Assistant ‘A’ Group ‘B’ (S&T): 207 Posts
Total Posts: 497
Education Details / Age / Salary for this job for NIC Recruitment 2020
|01- Scientist ‘B’ Group ‘A’ (S&T)
Education Qualification: A Pass in Bachelor Degree in Engineering OR Bachelor in Technology OR Department of Electronics and Accreditation of Computer Courses B-level OR Associate Member of Institute of Engineers OR Graduate Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers OR Master Degree in Science (MSc) OR Master Degree in Computer Application OR Master Degree in Engineering /Technology (ME /M.Tech) OR Master Degree in Philosophy (M Phil) in the field as mentioned below:-
Field (single or in combination amongst the below only):
Electronics, Electronics and Communication, Computer Sciences, Communication, Computer, and Networking Security, Computer Application, Software System, Information Technology, Information Technology Management, Informatics, Computer Management, Cyberlaw, Electronics, and Instrumentation.
02- Scientific / Technical Assistant ‘A’ Group ‘B’ (S&T)
Education Qualification: A Pass in M.Sc./MS/MCA/B.E./B.Tech in any one or in a combination of the below mentioned field as mentioned below:-
Field (single or in combination amongst the below only):
Electronics, Electronics and Communication, Electronics & Telecommunications, Computer Sciences, Computer and Networking Security, Software System, Information Technology, Informatics.
The candidate should have obtained the essential qualification on the date of closing of application (as on 26/03/2020)
b) EXPERIENCE: No Experience Required.
Written Examination (Objective type and OMR Based), Interview, and Verification of Documents.
How To Apply
Candidates are requested to apply only by ONLINE at https://www.calicut.nielit.in/nic/ between 26/02/2020 (10:00 A.M) &26/03/2020 (05:00 P.M). No other means/mode of application will be accepted. Candidates are required to have valid e-mail identification and active mobile number. The procedure/steps for filling up of applications online is briefed as under.
The complete Application can be submitted in the following 3 steps:
STEP 1: Registration with Email id
STEP 2: Submission of Application details.
STEP 3: Payment of application fee online (if applicable, see section 4.3 for details)
|Starting Online Application Date||26-02-2020, at 10:00 A.M|
|Last Date of Applying||30-04-2020, up to 05:00 P.M|
NIC Scientist Recruitment 2020 FAQ
How many vacancies are there for Scientists?
- There Are 497 Current Vacancies (Read Official Advertisement)
After when I can apply for this job for posts of Scientist?
- You Can Apply After 26 Feb 2020.
What is the Last Date of Applying for this job for Post of Scientist?
- Applying the Last Date Of 30 April 2020.
How Can I Apply for this job post for Scientist?
- If You Want to Apply for This job First Must You Read Official Notification Carefully and the Applying Process for this job for the post by fill up a form online and submit.
is Registration Compulsory for submitting Application?
- You need to register with your name and correct Email Id. The Candidate Id for accessing the portal will be sent to you in this mail id.
Can I apply for both Scientist B and STA posts?
- Yes. If you are eligible for both
I have forgotten my Candidate Id. Where can I get my registration details?
- Candidate Id will be sent by email only. If you have already registered, please check your mail for the Candidate Id.
- Please send a mail with your name and phone number from your registered mail id to email@example.com for re-sending the registration mail.
What is the ID Proof accepted?
- Identification documents/cards like Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, Aadhaar-UID, Employee ID issued by Govt.or Public Sector and Driving License and other government-approved identity proof with Name, Photo and address will be accepted.
What are the application fees?
- The application fee is Rs.800/-for one post. (and Rs 1600 for both posts)Women/SC/ST/PWD candidates are exempted from fee payment.
How to make a fee payments?
- Online through the application portal
Can I pay a fee offline?
- No. Payment should be made online through the application portal
How will I take Print out of the submitted Application?
- You may click on the View Application link on the Home page and then click the Print option at the bottom of the page.
What is the syllabus for the written examination?
- Please see the syllabus at Syllabus
Is there any negative marking for the wrong answers?
- Yes. 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer
About National Informatics Centre (NIC)
National Informatics Centre (NIC) was established in 1976 and has since emerged as a “prime builder” of e-Government / e-Governance applications up to the grassroots level as well as a promoter of digital opportunities for sustainable development. NIC has been instrumental in steering e-Government/e-Governance applications in government ministries/departments at the Centre, States and Districts, facilitating improvement in government services, wider transparency, promoting decentralized planning and management, resulting in better efficiency and accountability to the people of India. “Informatics-led-development” programme of the government has been spearheaded by NIC to derive competitive advantage by implementing ICT applications in social & public administration. The following major activities are being undertaken:
o Setting up of ICT Infrastructure
o Implementation of National and State Level e-Governance Projects/Products
o Consultancy to the Government departments
o Research & Development
o Capacity Building
National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology (NIELIT) invites applications, on behalf of the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), from eligible and qualified candidates for filling up of following Scientific & Technical Posts in National Informatics Centre (NIC).